Date of Work:
- December 2011 – April 2012
- Bill Close, AIA Architectural Resource Team (Phoenix, AZ)
- Jerry Brown, RRO Western Roof Evaluation Corporation (Peoria, AZ)
- No tear-off. According to the EPA, roof tear-offs are the 3rd greatest contributor to US landfills. The coatings system products went over the existing 25-year old roof.
- Reduction in heat gain into the building. Lowers the amperage load on HVAC units/Energy Savings
- A sustainable roof. With strong protection from UV degradation.
- The show goes on: All fluid components were low-odor, odor free. Because the facility is both a facility and a museum, it could not be shut down for any reason. The coatings system accomplished such without odor concern while also keeping debris and noise to a minimum.
KM Project Sheet: Scottsdale